Buckley’s makes no bones about how bad it’s cough syrup tastes but now there’s a more serious concern.
Health Canada is advising Canadians that GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Inc. has initiated a voluntary recall of certain Buckley's syrup products from stores.
A defect with the plastic seal may cause it to fall into the bottle and could cause a person to potentially choke if swallowed. The seal is a circular plastic layer that is clear or semi-transparent and approximately 1.7 centimetres in diameter.
The affected products are indicated for use by adults and children above 12 years old. Buckley's Jack and Jill children's syrup uses a different seal and is not part of the recall.
READ MORE ABOUT THE RECALL
Affected products include:
- - Buckley's Complete, DIN 02279703, 150 & 250mL
- - Buckley's Complete Mucus Relief, DIN 02357232, 150 & 250mL
- - Buckley's Cough & Chest Congestion, DIN 02289164, 150 & 250mL
- - Buckley's Cough Mucus & Phlegm, DIN02346451,150 & 250mL
- - Buckley's Original Mixture, NPN 02239538, 100 & 200mL
- - Buckley's Original Mixture Night Time, DIN 02230939, 100mL
- According to the company, consumers should follow the dosing instructions listed on the label. Syrup should be poured into a teaspoon and not drank directly from the bottle. Also, check for the plastic seal before drinking.