By Amy Woolvett
THE COAST GUARD
© Amy Woolvett photo
A-1 Pizza caught fire early Monday morning.
One of Shelburne’s favourite pizza places caught fire late Sunday night.
Fire chief Edgar Allison with the Shelburne Fire Department said the blaze at A-1 Pizza on King Street was most likely caused by electrical.
The storage area between the apartment and the attic caught fire and burned through two roofs, said Allison.
While firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames before too much damage was caused, the water damage was extensive.
Bill Chidiac, owner of the restaurant is not sure how long it will take before he is up and running again.
“We will be up and going as soon as we can,” said Chidiac.
“I was born with nothing,” he said. “I can be born again.” Bill Chidiac, owner A-1 Pizza
He said that he is worried how long it will take.
“I can’t sit and wait,” he said. “Every minute that passes is another minute I am getting behind. I have three kids to support, bills to pay for…the most important thing though is that no one was hurt.”
Chidiac said he would do everything in his power to make things work while his business is being reconstructed.
“I was born with nothing,” he said. “I can be born again.”